Trusted Guidance In Probate and Representation In Estate Litigation Matters
Grieving the loss of someone you love is difficult. It can be even more difficult when you’ve also been named as the executor of their estate. Probate is a lengthy, time-consuming and complex process that most Florida estates must go through. Many executors who are not also lawyers find it too complicated to handle on their own.
Thankfully, caring and attentive probate help is available when you contact D. Christopher Alfonso, P.L. My firm is dedicated to meeting the estate law needs of clients in the Tampa area, including guidance in probate and representation in estate-related legal disputes. When you work with me, you can rest assured that you are fulfilling your duties as executor and that your loved one’s final wishes are being honored.
Why Is Probate Such An Involved Process?
Probate is the process that proves the validity of a will and allows the executor to carry on with the administration of the estate. Even under the best circumstances, it can take many months and numerous court visits to satisfy probate requirements. As executor, your duties may include:
- Filing documents with the court and making all necessary court appearances
- Locating the decedent’s will
- Locating and accounting for all assets contained in the will
- Securing and ascertaining the value of estate assets
- Locating all named heirs and beneficiaries
- Negotiating with creditors to satisfy any of the estate’s remaining debts
- Filing a final tax return on the behalf of the estate
- Distributing estate assets in accordance with the will and other guiding documents
The list above is incomplete, but it gives a sense of how difficult an executor’s job can be. When you work with my firm, I can attend to many of these details with you or for you, freeing you up to focus on taking care of yourself and others who have been impacted by the loss.
Skilled Representation In Estate-Related Disputes
A death in the family can bring out the best in some people and the worst in others, and disputes over the estate sometimes end up in court. Whether you are the executor, a named heir or someone else connected to the estate, I can protect your rights and advocate for your interests in disputes related to:
- Will contests (questions of validity, fraud or undue influence)
- Alleged breach of fiduciary duty on the part of the executor or trustee
- Removal of a trustee
- Interpreting unclear provisions in a will or other document
Litigation costs are generally paid with estate funds. Unless the dispute is resolved quickly, the very assets at issue can by greatly diminished. As your attorney, I will work to find the most efficient and cost-effective resolution to the disputed matter. While settling out of court is usually preferable, I am prepared to take the matter to trial if the other party proves unwilling to negotiate in good faith.
Contact My Firm For Experienced and Knowledgeable Guidance
D. Christopher Alfonso, P.L., serves clients in and around Tampa, Florida. To discuss your legal needs with me, I invite you to contact the firm to schedule an initial consultation. Just call 813-321-7354 or reach out online.